Job ID: 11615
Job Title: PeopleSoft Technical Developer
Job Reference Num :
Organization Name: Hennepin County
Wage/Salary: $57,023.20 – $91,272.48 Annually
Employment Start Date: 1/1/10
Job Description: APEX is a county-wide business process improvement and technology project. This project replaced the Payroll/Personnel System with the PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application system and supports the human resources and payroll functions. It will also replace the Financial Accounting and Reporting System (FARS) and support the financial and procurement functions with PeopleSoft.
The PeopleSoft Technical Developer is a key member of the Hennepin County APEX project technology team. Working closely with County project staff and our implementation partner, this individual will perform assigned data conversion, interface, customization, workflow and report development and perform problem analysis using PeopleTools including Application Engine, Component Interface, Application Messaging, SQR, Crystal Reports, XML Publisher, and other delivered programming tools.
This posting will be open continuously until filled.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
· Provide technical assistance to business process fit-gap sessions, providing necessary PeopleSoft technical knowledge as needed to determine standard/best practices and technical feasibility.
· Translate functional specifications into a technical design.
· Develop, test and document PeopleSoft applications based on technical specifications. Serve as a technical developer and participate in the following activities as part of a new PeopleSoft ERP implementation.
o Develop applications to extract and convert legacy data using Component Interfaces, Application Engine, Database Utilities, and SQR.
o Develop system interfaces using PeopleSoft integration broker. Create new definitions to interface between legacy/external systems and PeopleSoft.
o Develop custom processes or modifications to meet functional requirements.
o Develop custom reports using XML Publisher, nVision and SQR.
o Analyze and debug performance issues.
· Analyze and resolve technical problems that may arise; provide on-call support for critical problems as needed.
· Develop relationships with business partners in order to understand their business and to provide technical support.
Qualifications: The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS) or related field.
· At least one year of technical development experience with PeopleSoft v9.0 Financials and Procurement applications and/or PeopleSoft v9.0 Human Capital Management (HCM).
· Demonstrated knowledge of and experience using PeopleSoft’s IDE, PeopleCode, Application Package, Application Engine, Integration Broker, XML Publisher, nVision and Crystal Reports.
· Experience supporting high priority systems/applications, including developing technical designs, coding, testing, and debugging computer applications.
· Experience with data conversion and system interface programs.
· Demonstrated experience with problem analysis and troubleshooting.
· Experience with project management techniques and systems development life cycle methodology.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience using SQL, database tools and data mining tools.
· Demonstrated ability providing technical support and developing positive relationships/business process understanding in a project team environment with multiple stakeholders.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate the employee competencies.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Position will remain open until filled.
Application Instructions: To apply for this position please visit our website at http://www.hennepin.jobs
For additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at 612-348-2163 or email us at email@example.com
On-line Application Address : http://hennepin.jobs