Job ID: 9111
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Organization Name: Open Systems International, Inc.
No of Openings: 3
Hours per Week: 40
Employment Start Date: As soon as possible
*Job Description: Open Systems International, Inc. (www.osii.com), a dynamic and high growth company, is a leader in providing open, state-of-the-art, high-performance automation solutions to the electric utility industry worldwide. We are currently looking for Sales Engineers to join our team in our Minneapolis, MN office.
Candidates will be responsible for technical sales support of state-of-the-art power systems applications for real-time control systems and support functions for mission critical Client/Server Windows, Unix, and Linux based systems. Sales Engineers assist sales efforts in product demonstrations, system design, technical discussions and proposal/quote support. This position requires some domestic and international travel.
• Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field with an emphasis in Power Systems (preferred).
• Knowledge of power systems analysis and computer programming with at least an introduction to ‘C’ programming.
• Basic knowledge of electric utility operation, control, and/or optimization.
• Electrical substation design knowledge.
• Communications knowledge (Ethernet, serial, fiber, wireless, etc.).
• Ability to speak fluent Spanish is preferred.
• Permanent work authorization in the United States.
We are seeking candidates with interest and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Electric utility operations/dispatch
• Electric utility control systems
• Electric utility power systems
• General electric utility industry knowledge
• Client/Server, network communications
• UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems
• Substation control equipment installation and configuration (RTUs, IEDs, relays, HMIs, etc.)
Successful candidates must have excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, superior problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Application Instructions: Forward your resume, cover letter and any salary expectations via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the following Reference Job Code in your EMAIL Subject Line: SA2-10
If you are unable to apply electronically, please send your resume with appropriate job code to:
OSI, Human Resources
3600 Holly Lane North, Suite 40
Minneapolis, MN 55447
OSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
On-line Application Address :