Company Profile | Current Opportunities (6)
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Starting Salary Range:||Not Provided|
|Required Education:||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Related Categories:||IT – Internet/Web Development|
We seek a programmer analyst for our regulatory business unit, supporting CallReporter. This position will be responsible for the new product development and oversight of maintenance and support activities of a financial reporting application used by many large financial institutions.
The successful candidate will have five or more years of real world experience in the technologies and concepts listed below. We are seeking a person who possesses a passion of developing world class software applications and enthusiasm for working with a great team in a fast paced environment.
Summary: Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, creating, testing, debugging and modifying/maintain programs for client/software applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Designs the business logic for a client server application (e.g., simple business objects, business object specifications, complex business processes/specifications).
* Codes business logic, GUI interfaces and databases interfaces using various languages (e.g., VB6, VB/C#.NET, (X)HTML, XML) and database specific code (e.g., SQL SERVER 200x, Access97, ODBC).
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding.
* Designs and develops GUIs and screens (e.g., develops screen application templates. Designs windows, dialogues menus and toolbars for complex processes and workflows).
* Develops and coordinates the testing process for small application releases or complex software enhancements.
* Researches and recommends products and new technologies for the client/server environment.
* Researches, diagnoses and resolves hardware, software and systems problems.
* Analyzes and develops recommendations for data structure.
* Test, debugs and installs to support an organization’s client/server software applications.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work: Moderately routine; general policies applied. Some decision making.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in a related field.
Experience: 1-3 years in interface screen design/development or college degree specific to client/server programming with no experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Sound knowledge of applications and development methodologies
* Sound knowledge of applicable design languages and tools
* Knowledge of basic GUI design standards and methodologies
* Skill in designing windows, dialogues, menus and toolbars
* Skill in GUI design/development or the related business/industry
* Skill in writing basic GUI object specifications
* Skill in designing GUI screen pathways and processes
* Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools
* Skill in testing and testing tools
* Skill in working with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, etc)
* Ability to define GUI requirements based on user analysis
* Ability to work cooperatively with technical and business personnel in a joint application development approach
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
* Takes initiative and shows eagerness to continuously learn and enhance skills
* Working knowledge of TortoiseSVN a plus
* Ability to work over a 40 hour work week in order to meet the needs of the business
EEO / AA Employer
Job Software/Web Development
Primary Location US-MN-Woodbury MN
Shift Day Job