|Company:||Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
Company Profile | Current Opportunities (2)
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:||Not Provided|
|Required Education:||Associate Degree|
|Required Experience:||1 to 5 years|
|Related Categories:||IT – General, Professional and Technical, IT – Operations and Support|
Provides front line support for all IT related inquiries that are directed to the Department including basic technology-related questions and any hardware/software malfunctions of the equipment.
This can also include employees seeking assistance from IT in performing their duties using the technology provided by the Agency. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
Technical school certificate or degree or two years coursework at a college or university in Management Information Systems or Information Technology. Demonstrated customer service skills.
Data Entry (5,000 kph), Clerical skills, Math skills, and Customer Service tests. Final candidates will be tested in the use of Microsoft Office software, and must pass Criminal History and Driver’s License background checks.
Essential Duties Include (but are not limited to):
1. Answers help desk phone calls and assists users in resolving issues over the phone if possible. Logs the issues in the HelpDesk tracking system with appropriate status.
2. Logs all incoming help desk phone calls, e-mail messages, and written requests in the IT HelpDesk tracking system. Resolves issues when possible and records the status.
3. Logs unresolved issues in the software for IT personnel to review and take ownership of.
4. Changes status to “Closed” on help desk requests when necessary.
5. Performs periodic review of open help desk Trouble Tickets and closes tickets when/where available.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of general computer operations (PC and server).
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft products, including but not limited to, Windows, Office Suite (Professional Edition), and Internet Explorer.
3. Knowledge of printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners and multi-function devices.
4. Must be detail oriented.
5. Ability to work independently and work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to transcribe spoken error messages to written trouble tickets to assist IT technicians in closing the tickets as quickly as possible.
7. Must be familiar with use of Internet for searches, social network websites, and other Internet application tools of value to MPHA. Ability to learn new applications and tools that can enhance MPHA communication and internal processes.
8. Knowledge in any of the following areas is a plus: Microsoft Exchange Server, Oracle Report Writer, telephone systems, computer networks, and routers. Instructional background such as teaching classes on any of the above products is a definite plus.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license in state of residence and access to a personal vehicle during work hours.
About Our Organization:
The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) is a public agency responsible for administering public housing and Section 8 rent assistance programs for eligible individuals and families in Minneapolis. A nine member Board of Commissioners governs MPHA. The Board Chairperson and four Commissioners (one of whom is a public housing high-rise resident) are appointed by the Mayor of Minneapolis; four Commissioners (one of whom is a public housing family resident) are appointed by the Minneapolis City Council.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority is to promote and deliver quality, well-managed homes to a diverse low-income population; and as a valued partner, to contribute to the well-being of the individuals, families, and community we serve.
To obtain an application packet, please call:
Applications may also be obtained online by clicking “Apply Online” below.
Submit completed application (may include resume) to:
MinneapolisPublic Housing Authority
Attn: Human Resources (#10-14)
1001 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401-1043
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 21, 2010.