Information Technology Specialist
Position Summary: Provide technology troubleshooting, network support, and training on the Y’s technology infrastructure. To view the full job description, click here.
Website Administration and Development
Position Summary: This position involves updating and creating a web access portal for a database management system connecting to a MySQL database, as well as monitoring wordpress sites. To view the full job-description, click here.
More information at:
Securian Financial is coming to campus October 3 to recruit students for internships and full time positions. Below is the information posted in Handshake about this visit. I encourage you to attend this session. This firm often hires our CIS students for IT positions and internships.
Go to Handshake to register for this visit and on-campus interviews: https://app.joinhandshake.com/events/214293
Wednesday, October 3rd 2018
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Career Services – Tower 17
1200 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, Minnesota 55811
Organized by Carrie Taylor Kemp
Come Learn about full-time & paid internship opportunities at this St. Paul based organization. Current Securian employee & CSS alumni Monica Bouer in addition to CSS student Nicole Ciernia will talk about their experiences there. On-campus interviews will be held Friday, Oct 5th. Go to the Interiviews tab on handshake to apply for an interview slot.
Don’t miss these upcoming career events!
*Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair *
Thursday, Oct. 4th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. UMD.
*POC People of Color Career Fair*
Wednesday, Oct. 10th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Minneapolis Convention Center
*Government & Nonprofit Job Fair *
Friday, Oct. 19th, 2018, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. U of M Twin Cities.
*Saints Health Career Fair*
Wednesday, Nov. 7th, 2:00 – 5:00 pm. St. Scholastica
For more details and registration information please see our website’s
Job Title: IT Administrator
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt, may include weekends and holidays
To provide exceptional, proactive and dependable technology service and support for all facets of the technology infrastructure at Animal Allies. The IT Administrator serves to enable and enhance the entire Animal Allies organization to operate and deliver life saving services to the animals we care for and the community we serve.
This position will provide caring, humane treatment to shelter animals in a safe healthy environment as outlined within the guidelines of Animal Allies Humane Society mission and policy/procedure statements and under the direction of the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- NETWORK & SERVER SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and resolve AAHS network, phone and/or internet outages to restore service as quickly as possible – engaging and working with outside vendor partners as required.
- Diagnose and resolve AAHS server issues – working with outside service and consulting providers as necessary.
- Rotate, log and manage offsite server backup drives to ensure data security and business continuity.
- DESKTOP SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and rapidly resolve user workstation or other technology issues
- Setup and configure new workstation hardware for our environment with specified standard operating system, software, and configurations.
- Add, modify and manage workstations or other hardware on AAHS server and networks.
- Remove end-of-life workstations from service and perform data scrub to facilitate donation/disposal.
- Install print drivers and set up workstations for printers
- Map and create shortcuts to server drives as required to enable shared storage on AAHS server
- Create, manage and suspend GSuite domain ID’s and Gmail addresses. Set up internal address forwarding according to need.
- Perform periodic Gmail address audit and alignment.
- Perform periodic hardware and software preventative maintenance in a proactive manner.
- Develop business-driven specifications and present analysis of technology options and recommendations for review, approval and procurement.
- Plan and implement technology updates and upgrades as driven by business needs and requirements.
- Prepare, set up, support and take down technology for AAHS events as needed.
- Build and replace Ethernet and phone patch cables as required for maintenance and/or enhancement.
- Assist and support staff and volunteers with troubleshooting, diagnosing, researchingand rapidly resolving all issues and incidents related to AAHS technology.
- Must be able to work closely with all staff, volunteers, and the public in a positive, practical manner and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical and technical skills are required, including technical understanding of workstations, servers, networks and technology infrastructure component support.
- Previous experience in hands-on IT desktop, network and server service and support roles is highly recommended.
- Must demonstrate and use excellent verbal and written communication skills. Technical writing and documentation skills a plus.
- Must demonstrate and maintain a strong internal aptitude for proactive excellence and exceptional customer service.
- Must embody a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for shelter animals.
- Position is at times physically demanding, including heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and out-of-position work in tight spaces and/or on ladders which would require an individual with ability to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the required duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
Individuals may need to sit, stand, kneel and maneuver under desks or equipment and within tight spaces as needed. The position may require walking, crawling or lying down periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials and provide support and maintenance of AAHS technological infrastructure throughout the workday. Proper lifting and moving techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to animal shelter areas and interaction with domestic animals of varying temperaments which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, protective gloves, and hearing protection.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical Animal Care and Control facility.
Daryl Yankee MSOD
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Maverick Software Consulting is looking for talented and highly motivated students to work with our clients while taking classes.
You will be part of a software development team at Thomson Reuters helping develop and test their software. All assignments aim to provide hands-on participation in design and development of cutting edge web, GUI and information technology applications, including all phases of large-scale projects. Office is located at 610 Opperman Drive, Eagan, MN
Provides training to help bridge the gap between what is taught in college and what an entry level software engineer really needs to know.
Real world software development and testing experience. Not doing “busy” work. We are part of our clients software development and testing teams.
Flexible schedule – employees set their own schedules.
Apply Online at