A Life-Changing Career
Position Summary: This position may be located at any Mayo Clinic site.
The Product Management Unit within the Mayo Clinic External Patient and Provider Services (EPPS) Section is seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join its mobile development team as an IT Analyst/Programmer. EPPS supports the Center for Connected Care, a vital Mayo Clinic practice strategy aimed at improving access, service, and affordability of health care by using technology to extend Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to patients, consumers, and providers.
Information Technology is recruiting for an IT Analyst/Programmer to work on Android mobile development. As a Mobile Developer, you will play an integral role in helping to deliver increasingly smarter mobile apps to our customers. We are looking for someone with serious Android Software Development skills, strong interests in all things mobile, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid apps.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of custom system software, and/or the installation and maintenance of purchased systems software, as well as the configuration and support of hardware systems across Mayo Clinic.
- Working with more senior technical staff to develop proposals that consider alternatives and business case, and gaining needed institutional approvals.
- Regularly reviewing applications and making modifications and/or updates to ensure currency and functionality within established environment.
- Maintains and supports multiple systems or complex software applications and their associated hardware at multiple Mayo Clinic sites.
- Producing and maintaining documentation such as system requirements, designs, resource inventories, and plans.
- Providing technical and project leadership to other staff members, demonstrating initiative, and working independently as needed to accomplish responsibilities.
- Working across departmental organizations gaining consensus of stakeholders.
- Interfacing with vendor support service groups or other external support teams to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Acting as a liaison to Mayo departments and vendors to adequately support the division’s computing systems.
- Interfacing routinely with colleagues who may be located at any of the Mayo Group practices to perform job responsibilities requiring virtual collaboration and partnership.
- Providing 24/7 on-call support.
We will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position. (002714-48131)
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and training/experience in technical development; OR, Associate’s degree and 5 years’ professional experience in technical development. 1 year of Java programming experience is required. Experience in mobile application development is also required.
Additional Qualifications: 2+ years’ experience building Android applications in Java using the Android SDK required. 2+ years’ experience with object-oriented software development required. Experience with the following technologies is required: Java language and related frameworks, multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices, and caching mechanisms. The candidate must understand large and complex code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them clean and maintainable.
Experience with the following is desirable:
- Shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available on Google Play;
- Ability to work in areas outside of usual comfort zone and get things done quickly;
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms);
- Experience in other modern OOP languages (.NET, Objective-C, etc.) will be a plus; Cloud computing; other mobile development experience (iOS, Mobile-Optimized Web)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server, application life cycle management, design patterns, frameworks, web services and mobile optimization. Experience using C# .NET and MS-SQL Server is preferred.
Knowledge of system design principles, software development methodologies, and computer programming. Demonstrated ability in solving complex technical problems with multiple computing technologies. Experience in IT system architecture and application design, system integration, and development is preferred. Possesses ability to multi-task and prioritize issues appropriately. Must possess human relations skills to interact with a variety of personnel. Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills. Successful candidate will be a proven self-starter with the ability to take responsibility and accountability for own activities. Requires demonstrated ability to work independently; commit to and meet deadlines; take initiative; and exhibit excellent follow through on tasks. Possesses an objective and positive attitude with all tasks and projects. Possesses a high level of project and deliverable consistency through demonstrated repeatable and reliable performance. Experience working in healthcare technology. Exposure to managing both custom developed and vendor-supplied applications. Masters degree in applicable field preferred.
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Exemption Status: Exempt
Compensation Detail: Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2280, based on a full-time position.
Hours/Pay Period: Full-time
Schedule Details: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Weekend Schedule: Participation in a 24/7 on call rotation is required.
Recruiter: Devon Post
Why Mayo Clinic? Mayo Clinic provides the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with approximately 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits, and have been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the top 100 “Best Companies to Work For”.
Site Description: Every year, more than 1 million patients from all 50 states and nearly 150 countries choose Mayo Clinic for their medical care. Mayo Clinic has a legacy of inspiring hope and contributing to health and well-being by providing the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research.
Mayo Clinic has campuses in Rochester, MN; Scottsdale and Phoenix, AZ; Jacksonville, FL; and throughout the multistate network of Mayo Clinic Health System. Each campus is an integral part of its community and reflects Mayo Clinic’s deeply held values.
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Job Posting Category: Information Technology
Job Posting Number: 66950BR
Date: Jan 30, 2017
Nearest Major Market: Rochester MN
Job Segment: Medical, Developer, Engineer, Patient Care, Programmer, Healthcare, Technology, Engineering