Great Summer Employment Opportunities with Microsoft!
2018 Microsoft Student Experience Program (SEP)
Spend your summer with Microsoft! The Student Experience Program (SEP) is a paid work experience program designed to provide recent high school graduates – recent college graduates opportunities to work on Microsoft’s Fargo, N.D. campus during the summer. This program allows students to gain real-life working experience, while
learning about the technology industry.
• SEP opportunities are open to newly enrolled college freshman through recent college graduates.
• SEP candidates are hired as vendor staff through Kelly Service but work within Microsoft teams.
• SEP positions typically run June-August and work 40 hour weeks, but this is flexible and up to manager discretion.
• SEP is a paid program
• Positions are available across a number of areas which may include:
- Accounting Services
- Event Planning
- Partner Services
- US Payroll
- Web Design
2018 Program Specifics/Timeline
• Resumes/cover letters may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, through February 28, 2018.
- Please include SEP in the subject line.
- Please indicate in the email and/or cover letter what type of role you are interested in pursuing.
Interviews will be scheduled in March-April timeframe.
Job Title: IT Administrator
Reports To: Shelter Operations Director
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt, may include weekends and holidays
To provide exceptional, proactive and dependable technology service and support for all facets of the technology infrastructure at Animal Allies. The IT Administrator serves to enable and enhance the entire Animal Allies organization to operate and deliver life saving services to the animals we care for and the community we serve.
This position will provide caring, humane treatment to shelter animals in a safe healthy environment as outlined within the guidelines of Animal Allies Humane Society mission and policy/procedure statements and under the direction of the Kennel Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- NETWORK & SERVER SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and resolve AAHS network, phone and/or internet outages to restore service as quickly as possible.
- Diagnose and resolve AAHS server issues – working with outside service and consulting providers as necessary.
- Rotate, log and manage offsite server backup drives to ensure data asecurity and business continuity.
- DESKTOP SUPPORT
- Troubleshoot and rapidly resolve user workstation or other technology issues
- Set up and configure new workstation hardware for our environment with specified standard operating system, software, and configuration.
- Add, modify and manage workstations or other hardware on AAHS server and networks.
- Remove end-of-life workstations from service and perform data scrub to facilitate donation/disposal.
- Install print drivers and set up workstations for printers
- Map user drives as required to enable shared storage on AAHS server
- Create, manage and suspend GSuite domain ID’s and Gmail addresses.
- Set up internal address forwarding according to need.
- Perform periodic Gmail address audit and alignment.
- Perform periodic hardware and software proactive and preventative maintenance.
- Develop need-based specifications and present technology options analysis for review, approval and procurement.
- Plan and implement technology updates and upgrades as driven by business needs and requirements.
- Prepare, set up, support and take down technology for AAHS events as needed.
- Build and replace Ethernet and phone patch cables as required for maintenance and/or enhancement.
- Assist and support staff and volunteers in rapid response troubleshooting, diagnosing, researching and resolving all issues related to AAHS technology.
- Must be able to work closely with all staff, volunteers, and the public in a positive, practical manner and be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical and technical skills are required, including technical understanding of workstations, servers, networks and other infrastructure component support.
- Previous experience in hands-on IT desktop, network and server service and support roles is highly recommended.
- Must demonstrate and use excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must demonstrate and maintain a strong internal aptitude for excellent and positive customer service.
- Must a genuine interest in and concern for the overall well-being of animals and demonstrate empathy and compassion for shelter animals.
- Position is at times physically demanding, including heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and out-of-position work in tight spaces and/or on ladders which would require an individual with ability to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the required duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
- Individuals may need to sit, stand, kneel and maneuver under desks or equipment and within tight spaces as needed.
- The position may require walking, crawling or laying down primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to store materials and provide support and maintenance of AAHS technological infrastructure throughout the workday.
- Proper lifting and moving techniques required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job with or without accommodations.
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to animal shelter areas and interaction with domestic animals of varying temperaments which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, protective gloves, and hearing protection.
- For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical Animal Care and Control facility.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions or qualifications associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise or require that other or different
tasks be performed as circumstances change.
This is a paid internship. Please contact to Daryl Yankee (email@example.com ) Director of Operations to apply for this position.
Digi-Key is coming to campus December 4 to hold an information session to promote their internship opportunities and full time positions. This firm has hired our CIS students in the past and returns each year looking to recruit additional students.
Please consider attending the information session on December 4 and signing up for an on-campus interview on December 5.
Monday, December 4
Tuesday, December 5
Allianz is looking to hire for the Feb 2018 TechStart Program.
TechStart is a rotation based program which will provide hands on experience and on the job training in IT areas such as Software Development, Production Support or Project Delivery. During the first year of employment incumbents will gain exposure to the IT function and key partners across the business through three project-based rotations and extended step-ins with critical business areas. This is a full time position with salary and benefits.
As a member of Tech Start you will:
• Gain exposure to skills and technologies used across a global IT enterprise• Support projects and initiatives across multiple IT Departments• Work with project teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements and develop solutions to technology needs• Conduct needs assessments, feasibility studies and analysis; create process documentation• Design and develop applications and solutions to support business requirements; create test requirements and execute test cases• Ensure timely communication with key stakeholders of milestones and risks associated with assigned projectsJob Duties:• Under general direction, responsible for the design, development, and analysis of technology initiatives and solutions to ensure the solution is viable and appropriately designed to solve the business case. Participate in solution design sessions, and recommend solutions and options to ensure outcomes are met and documented.• Understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs that are used by Developers and Quality Analysts to test systems. Develop and document solutions, processes and procedures.• Support projects by developing and executing test cases and acceptance criteria, and facilitation of user acceptance testing. Review requirement documents and collaborate with QALead, vendors and/or colleagues to provide inputs to test strategy and scope. Ensure test execution readiness including cross-system dependencies. Communicate status reports including progress against milestones, issues and risks. Identify issues and escalate to QA Lead as appropriate.
• 0 -1 year experience required: Relevant technical and business work experience. Related internship experience preferred• Four-year degree required: Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Business Administration, or related• Commitment to continuous learning and development
More information on LinkedIn
Information Services Intern
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- The Toro Company, located in Bloomington, Minnesota is currently seeking 10 interns for their Information Services (IS) department for the summer of 2018. We are especially interested in students with skills in, but not limited to Java, XML, J2EE development, .Net development, SDLC concepts, SAP (Basis & ABAP programming), networking, Unix (AIX), Oracle, SQL query, database design, data analysis, data visualization, data integration, Windows Server, desktops, Microsoft Exchange, and information security. We also look for interns in the MIS/BCIS areas for IS Business Analysis and Project Management internships.
Toro IS internships are project-based. Specifics for our 2018 summer internship projects are finalized prior to the beginning of the program, and further details may be available to candidates during the interview process.
An internship at Toro provides you with real-world experience, and an opportunity to learn new skills while working alongside leaders in the technology field. Each intern works on specific projects with their team, and may participate in an intern group project. Interns have the opportunity to learn about different functions of our organization through meetings with business leaders throughout Toro, and through a visit to one of our outlying manufacturing facilities.
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Be a student currently enrolled in an Information Technology (or similar) degree program with a graduation date no earlier than December 2018.
- Be interested in a career in the information technology field. Resumes submitted for positions other than the IS internships will not be considered.
This is a paid internship, and compensation depends on qualifications.
About The Toro Company:
The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf, snow and ground engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. With sales of $2.4 billion in fiscal 2016, Toro’s global presence extends to more than 90 countries. Through constant innovation and caring relationships built on trust and integrity, Toro and its family of brands have built a legacy of excellence by helping customers care for golf courses, landscapes, sports fields, public green spaces, commercial and residential properties and agricultural fields. For more information, visit www.toro.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Job Location
- Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type