Employee Status: Temporary – Internship
Duration: Summer 2015
Housing Assistance: Dependent on distance from office
Relocation Assistance: No
Sponsorship Assistance: No
Here’s how to go from hitting the books to changing the world.
If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum is a thriving member of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies. We’re doing everything in our power to make health care work better for everyone. That includes the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more. Join us in the highly demanding Internship Program and you’ll find yourself working among more than 12,000 technology zealots; people who are decisive, brilliant and passionate using technology to help people live healthier lives. You’ll have the opportunity for continuous learning and the ability to explore different work areas while building a foundation of skills that will help create your life’s best work. SM
Interns here are helping us disrupt health care by delivering innovative products such as; developing a health care cloud platform, leveraging big data to help clinical disease management, creating innovative gaming platforms that help people live healthier lives, and many more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with business users, systems analysts and or development teams in defining, analyzing and interpreting business and technical requirements.
• Develop technical expertise in any number of programming languages including but not limited to: Microsoft.NET (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET), Java, COBOL, or PeopleSoft and application details.
• Participate in code and documentation or design reviews according to standards or new specifications.
• Define requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements gathering, business process, use cases and standard analysis workflow.
• Analyze business or functional requirements to deliver artifacts and prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Use enterprise-wide requirements definition, management systems, methodologies and standards as required.
• Collaborate with business to gather project requirements, maintain project status reports and assist in running project team meetings.
• Manage project workflow and resource tracking responsibilities.
• Assist in communicating consolidated project milestones and deliverables for readiness.
Data Management Analyst:
• Planning, designing and developing next-generation “big-data” system.
• Provide end to end analysis of high level requirements and design, inputs to Solution Specs for , deployment and operational support (short term) in partnership with architecture team.
• Technical assistance to the development teams to design, develop and deploy high quality technical solutions that meet the business requirements.
• Actively support critical Information Risk Management processes and disciplines such as security governance, vulnerability scanning, and penetration testing.
• Monitor events and multiple technologies and communication channels using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools to detect IT security incidents.
• Triage and investigate business specific threats and vulnerability findings of security incidents to support cyber investigations.
• Translate business requests into security efforts by aggregating data and applying critical thinking to support actionable plans.
• Collaborate in different areas, voice/data networking, network analysis, database design/analytics/warehousing or mainframe.
• Networking: Provide network related analysis, design, and integration services including coordinating between clients, vendors, and other internal support services.
• Database: Use advanced statistical and inferential analysis programs to provide specialized data analysis, distinguish patterns, and recognize trends.
• Selects, recommends and applies appropriate analytic and statistical methodologies and techniques to execute against an analysis plan or research objectives. Evaluates new analytics tools and methodologies for possible deployment.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university. Degrees in business, management information systems, computer science or technology related field preferred. Other degrees are considered when accompanied by aptitude or interest in technology.• Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Our internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Our work isn’t easy. We are climbing very high mountains. Join us and you’ll open yourself up to new learning as you work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter.
So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work. SM
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing