Internet Solutions Internship – State Farm – Summer 2013
Posted by Saints CSS on October 6, 2012
Enterprise Internet Solutions is a business department that works collaboratively with other business units, the Systems Department (IT) and strategic vendors to bring internet technology solutions to the enterprise by way of statefarm.com® and SFnet, the employee intranet. Other responsibilities of the department include customer relationship management, social networking and collaboration solutions.
- B(3.0/4.0) GPA overall and in major (Business, Insurance, Information Technology)
- Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Technology, Digital media, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Web Design, and Web Technology majors preferred
- Ability to conduct research and appropriately analyze findings
- Ability to write recommendations and conclusions for a business audience
- Ability to create and publish selected web content. Knowledge of HTML, web application and design a plus
- Knowledge of social networking concepts and business applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a team environment.
$14/hour based on a 38 3/4 hour workweek (full-time)
- Design, code and publish basic statefarm.com or intranet web pages
- Develop executive presentations and communications
- Develop or enhance department procedures, guidelines and best practices
- Compare/evaluate social networking tools
- Create/enhance monthly reports for analytics/metrics
- Test new applications for statefarm.com or intranet
- Conduct research with other business areas or consultants
EligibilityApplicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. State Farm only provides sponsorship when there is a business need.